The wellbeing of young people on the Engage to Change project is very important to us. Our project delivery partners offer wellbeing support in a variety of person-centred ways to meet the needs of participants.
ELITE Supported Employment has appointed three Mental Health Champions who can offer confidential support to both staff and participants. They have also developed a Wellness Toolkit and Workbook to help young people identify and track their emotions, overcome negative thoughts and manage anxiety. The workbook includes the following:
- Wellness tools: Identifying your wellness tools and things you have done in the past, or still do, to stay well. This can also include things you already do or can do to help yourself feel better when you are feeling unwell. Wellness tools can also be something that makes you happy, smile or relax. It then moves on to identifying things that make you feel happy or sad and what you can do to differently to make you feel well again.
- Identifying and managing emotions: How they make you feel and an emotion tracker to identify what went wrong that day to make you feel unwell. There is also a section to discuss and identify unhelpful thoughts, space to log mood changes and what you were doing at that time.
- Positive Thought Replacement: Set aside 20 minutes and write down as many negative thoughts that come into your mind. When finished, take the time to challenge every negative thought by finding a positive.
- Positive Affirmations: Positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes.
- Managing Anxiety: Identifies signs of anxiety and simple exercises to slow down breathing and relax.
Resources: List of useful apps and contacts for support services.