We aim to establish a project legacy in which attitudes and policy on supported employment for people with a learning disability and/or autism are positively influenced by the good practice demonstrated by the project. Our vision is of a world in which people with learning disability and/or autism are able to experience improved well-being outcomes through the increased independence, financial status, social capital and fulfilment that paid work offers.
The Engage to Change project is working across Wales to support young people aged 16-25 who have a learning difficulty, learning disability and/or autism to achieve their full potential.
Using a person-centred approach, Engage to Change works closely with young people, their parents/carers and employers to:
- overcome barriers to employment
- develop transferable skills
- offer unpaid work experience
- provide paid supported employment
- find volunteering opportunities
- offer access to supported internships.